It’s My Heart New England CHD Awareness
2017 College Scholarship Program
It’s My Heart is a non-profit organization created to advocate for and provide support to those affected by Acquired and Congenital Heart Defects (CHD). Through awareness, resources, and education, It’s My Heart creates alliances and networks among families, groups, hospitals, and the community.
The purpose of the It’s My Heart New England Scholarship Program is to support and encourage the continuation of higher education to all those in New England affected by Congenital Heart Defects.
To qualify for one of the It’s My Heart New England CHD Awareness Scholarships, the applicant must first meet one of the following requirements:
· Be diagnosed with Congenital Heart Defect;
· Be the recipient of a heart transplant; or
· Be a family member (sibling, child, parent, close relative) of a person diagnosed with a CHD.
Applicant must also meet these three requirements:
· Be a resident of one of the New England States;
· Be a high school senior or enrolled college student with a GPA of 2.5 or higher; and
· Be accepted full or part-time at an accredited 2 or 4 year college, university, or technical school located in the United States.
Applicant must fill out an It's My Heart New England Scholarship application and submit it to:
It's My Heart - New England Chapter, Inc.
ATTN: 2017 Scholarship
P.O. Box 111
Danvers, Massachusetts 01923
With your application you will also be required to submit the following:
- A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, current teacher, unrelated adult, or employer.
- An essay (1-2 pages) describing how living with CHD or having a family member with CHD has affected your life.
- A copy of your transcript – this can be mailed separately.
The amount of each scholarship award is $1,500.00. There will be four (4) scholarships awarded in 2017.
The recipients of the It's My Heart New England Scholarship will be chosen by the It's My Heart - New England Scholarship Committee.
It's My Heart CHD Awareness Scholarship applications can be downloaded from this link: http://files.constantcontact.com/61b0f7f1101/1ddc546f-53c1-4165-9759-ce6... or you can request one from your high school guidance counselor or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications must be postmarked no later than March 20, 2017 for award on or before May 15, 2017.